Saturday, May 10, 2014

Gotham teaser review


                                  Hey guys,
Jim Gordon
the long anticipated tv show entitled Gotham has now a teaser trailer. I was a bit skeptical at first because there was a lot of mistery surrounding the whole series. I was a bit upset by the fact that the series was being developed by Fox rather than the CW because I knew this would automatically preclude any possibility of crossing over with other DC properties. However now that I think about it, I feel like this is the best thing to do because Gotham in terms of timeline happens way before other DC properties so I think it is better to let them do what Smallville did without any spin-off or without any intrusion from other DC characters. We the story would revolve around Jim Gordon without alluding to Bruce Wayne but luckly they have changed their minds and now we not only have a bunch of Batman Villains as regulars in the show but we also have our very own little Bruce Wayne
were also told that
I am totally onboard for this new tv show I can't wait until the first episode next fall. The teaser is awesome, I think Ben Mckenzie is perfect for the role of Jim Gordon and so do all Batman villains especially the Penguin. Great casting choices. 
the Penguin
The tone of the teaser trailer reminds me a lot of the Dark Knight Trilogy, and also the music I think is a direct reference to those movies. 
However, I am still a bit unsure about the show in terms of storyline. I mean, are they gonna do what they did in Smallville where they had Clark fight pretty much all villains before he even became Superman? I don't think they'll be able to do that here and there are a number of reasons for that. 
First of all, Bruce is just a small kid, by the looks of it all villains Poison Ivy, Catwoman, The Riddler and the Penguin are older than Bruce. They won't be able to introduce the Batcave or have him fight anyone, he's not like Superman with his innate abilities, he's a human being who had to train for years to become the Dark Knight so I don't think they'll have him fight anyone anytime soon. 
Catwoman
I also don't know about introducing other DC Characters, since Fox is airing the show I don't think they have the rights to other characters and even if they did, do we really wanna see another incarnation of Superman, Green Arrow etc. I mean how many versions do we wanna have over a decade of the same character? People are already complaining about the new Amazing Spiderman Franchise saying that it was too early to reboot and now we get Christian Bale as Batman, Ben Affleck as Batman, and David Mazouz as a young Batman all in a 5 year time span. Don't even get me started about the villains, if they decide to introduce the league of assassins and Raz Al Ghul we might even get in less than 5 years 4 versions of the same character with Arrow already mentioning the leader of the League. 
Anyway, from what I've seen the show looks promising, I really hope they do not make the same mistakes that the CW made with Smallville by introducing so many villains. For those of you hoping that this becomes part of the DCCU, I would say don't get  your hopes up because it seems like all WB does is create self contained shows.


Follow us on facebook --> The-Hero-Blogger

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment