Friday, February 14, 2014

Transformers Trilogy review


Hi guys,
the superbowl has allowed us to see the first footage of the upcoming Transformers movie entitled Transformers: Age of Extinction. Needless to say that the first clip looks awesome even though I don't like the fact that they brought Megatron back from the dead once again. I only hope they will give us an explaination to why he's still alive.
So as we all await the release of the new Transformers movie let us analyze the positives and negatives about the previous instalments.
Michael Bay, despite what many people say, has given us three great movies ( granted the second one was not that good) and I really like the consistency of the entire trilogy. The amazing shots, the cast, the score and Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus Prime are among the best aspects of the movies.

1. Amazing shots

Is it just me or do the robots look so real and the actors are interact extremely well with them? From the first action sequences of the first Transformers up until the slow motion scenes of Transformers: Dark of the Moon Micheal Bay has done an awesome job in combining CGI with real footage.





2. The Cast
Josh Duhamell, Tyrese Gybson, Shia Laboeuf and John Turturro did an amazing job. They were funny where it was the time to be funny and they were deadly serious when it was time to fight the decepticons (nothing like Thor:_The_Dark_World). I liked the fact that we see these characters evolve with every movie and to me there are no inconsistencies issues with none of these characters


3.The Score
I may sound repetitive but a movie is only as great as its score and Steve Jakobolsky gave us one hell of a score. I love the few and minor changes made for every movie to the original soundtrack and I also love the Linkin Park songs that perfectly blendend into the movie


4.Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime
I saved the best for last! How awesome is Optimus Prime voice? Optimus Prime speeches at the beginning and at the end of each movie have become a trademark of the whole franchise and everytime I hear one of Optimus speeches I get goosebumps.



The trilogy has certainly not been perfect and in my opinion the three biggest negatives of the triolgy are:

1. Robots design
The first negative has to do with robots design. I have had a hard time differentiating between secondary autobots and decepticons. They all pretty much looked the same to me.

2. Robots fragility inconsistencies
Sometimes one shots kills of a robot and some other times( see megatron) not even a thousands shot will do the trick. For instance, how in the hell did Megatron manage to get his leg back in Transformers: Revenge of the fallen after he lost it in the Transformers I?

3. Replacement of Megan Fox with Rosie Huntington Whitley
Don't get me wrong I didn't mind the replacement of Megan Fox with Rosie Huntington Whitley, the latter is not only hotter but also a better actress however I don't like when personal decision outside the script affect movies. We know for a fact the Megan Fox's character Mikaela was suppose to be in the third instalment and we also know that Megan had an argument with director Michael Bay but why not have her break up with Sam at the beginning of the movie or in a flashback and then continue the story with Rosie as the love interest for Sam?  That would have been better in my opinion.

I am 100% sure that you guys don't see it as I do so please leave a comment in the section below


Follow us on Facebook --> The_Hero_Blogger

-theheroblogger

2 comments:

  1. In Revenge of the Fallen when Optimus meets for the first time with nest explaining all the decepticon encounters. Well Soundwave is the decepticon satellite that hacked the U.S. military satellite. And intercepted Optimus' debriefing and then that advisor talked about the known location for megatron and the last shard of the cube. In the scene where the cons plunge down to megatron they breakdown one of the other cons once they revive him with the shard of the cube and synthesize the extra parts for his leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duly noted Malcolm!! I think I gotta watch Transformers II again coz I didn't remember that part when I wrote the post! Anyway I take it you are a big fan of the Transformer trilogy ah? Thanks for reading

      Delete