Friday, February 28, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman

Hey guys,
as we await the release of the new Spiderman movie I wanted to give you my opinion on the first Amazing Spiderman. As the reboot was so close to the Spiderman trilogy the comparison is needed.
As we know Spiderman 3 was a flop and that is why Sam Raimi 4th Spiderman never saw the light and that's a pity because there were rumors going around that suggested that we might have seen Carnage in the 4th film.
The 2012 Amazing Spiderman featuring Andrew Garfield started well in my opinion. It started from the beginning and that's really important to me because even if we all know that he becomes spiderman after being stung by a spider it is always good to see the beginning. So 10 points for having the origins in the first movie.

I also like that they went for an unconventional villain: the Lizard. If there's one thing that I have about reboot is the fact that they use the same villains. Take Superman for example, all they do is use Lex Luthor or Zod and I always asked myself why? Superman as Batman and as Spiderman have got tons of amazing villains and I think It was great for The Amazing Spiderman to explore a new one.
Another thing that I love was the teaser scene at the end of the movie with references to the death of Peter's family. The soundtrack and the special effects were major contributors to the awesomness of the movie.

Now let's move on to a few things I did not like about the movie
First of all, I did not like that Spiderman does not have his own webs and that he creates a device that generates web. I am aware that in some versions of the comic books he did not have the power to shoot webs from his wrist but that doesn't mean that they had to take this feature and bring it to the big screen. He's called spiderman because he has the ability of spiders, right?
Even though I liked Andrew Garfield as Spiderman I still prefer the Tobey Maguire spiderman simply because Peter Parker is a nerd, skinny and shy guy and Garfield looked nothing like that. A pair of glasses does not equal NERD.

All considered the movie was great with a few problems here and there, but those few problems won't prevent me from going to see the next movie which looks amazing

As always leave a comment below and 
if you like what you've read like us on facebook --> The-Hero-Blogger

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment