Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ben Mckenzie is James Gordon

Hi guys,
this past weekend it was announced that OC's Ben Mckenzie will be playing the leading role of Detective James Gordon. As many of you, even I thought of the upcoming movie Batman vs Superman but he was not cast to play James Gordon there. He was cast for the new tv series entitled "Gotham". Now I don't wanna criticize the casting or anything even though I had almost an heart attack when I thought that Jesse Eisenberg and Ben Mckenzie would star together in my most anticipated movie of all time as Lex Luthor and James Gordon respectively.
Perhaps for a tv series that focuses on a young Jim Gordon it is not such a bad casting. 
The first thin I asked myself was: 

Why do a detective tv show on a comic book character? 
Why would Gotham be a worth watching tv show?

I had heard of rumors saying that the tv show revolved around Jim Gordon and that neither Batman nor Bruce Wayne would appear in the show but Fox CEO Kevin Reilly denied all these rumors.

Fox CEO Kevin Reilly stated: 
the series will include all of the classic Batman villains as well as heroes, including young Bruce Wayne.
“The show will arc a young Bruce Wayne from a child (around 12) into the final episode of the series, when he will put on the cape.”

From the first rumors revolving around the series I was a bit skeptical because it looked like the story will not completely revolve around a young Jim Gordon. Reilly words really made me look forward to seeing this new tv series that will be released next fall.
CEO added:
"Also on tap are the Riddler, Catwoman, the Joker and the Penguin. “We will see how they get to become who they are as Gotham is teetering on the edge,”. “It is an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality.”

Looks like that we have a new interesting series on its way and I feel that waiting for Batman to put on his cape will be a bit like when I was waiting for Clark Kent in Smallville to become superman. I think it is pretty much the same concept and I hope that they do as good as Smallville did.

Are you looking forward to this series? Leave your comments below


Follow us on Facebook --> The_Hero_Blogger 

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment