Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Gotham Pilot review

Hey guys,
the Batman origin story tv show entitled GOTHAM finally premiered last night with 8 million people who tuned in to watch Bruce Wayne starting his journey as Gotham Caped Crusader.
Ever since I watched the first teaser trailer of Gotham, I was excited for the pilot and I have to say it did not exceed my expectations but it completely matched them.
I extremely loved the way the pilot started, from Catwoman's perspective. I loved the Camren Bicondova who plays Selina Kyle, she has not said a word so far but the way she moves and walks is perfect.  

We see her mugging a man and stealing a cart of milk from an old lady with which she then feeds a cat and while she does that we see a family, with a small boy in the middle, walking towards the camera in a dark alley. It all started perfectly, we felt the emotions of the characters, the brutality of the murder,  the path Bruce Wayne found himself on and the exact moment when it all changed for him.

I found Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne chemistry to be perfect, the whole dialogue between them about light and darkness gave me goosebumps.
Ben McKenzie does a pretty good job at playing Detective Jim Gordon, his character is the only hope that the city has at redemption, at least for now. He realizes that he has to adapt in order to survive and that he has to work from within the police force to help the city from destroying itself.
The show introduced several villains or at least future Batman villains such as: Poison Ivy, The Riddler and The Penguin. I liked the way these characters were introduced, we only had a glimpse of their personality and we'll probably know more about them in the upcoming episodes. The Penguin was an important character and a centrepoint of the episode and by the end of it we see him forced out of the city and assuming the persona of the Penguin when he kills a man and eats his fish.

There is still a big mistery surrounding the killer of the Waynes and I don't think in the next episodes we'll find out who he is and why he did what he did. Perhaps this will be something which we'll discover only by the end of the first season.
Overall, I think the show has a great potential, I truly hope, however, that they will not have Bruce Wayne take on enemies before he puts on the cape. I don't want them to do what they did with Smallville where Clark took on every possible villain there was before becoming Superman.
I am fine with him learning to defend himself but I wanna see a proper training first and I wanna see how he became who he's supposed to be before everything else.

Awesome pilot, let's hope that the season will be as good as the first episode.
Take a look at next week's episode


Follow us on Facebook --> The-Hero-Blogger

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment