Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Gotham 2x03 The Last Laugh episode review


Hey guys,

this week's episode title kind of gives away the plot twist. Gotham just keeps getting better and better and I am very glad I stuck around for those very horrible episodes just so I can enjoy more these great episodes.

This episode for me was like a double edged sword because on the one hand I really like the plot twist with Theo Galavan killing Jerome. At first I thought there's no way they are killing off the best character they have especially because the Joker is one of the best characters in the Batman Universe maybe even more important than Batman himself but, on the other hand however, I love how they did it. I love that they showed the repercussions of what Jerome had done and the legacy he had left behind and somewhere down the line these very actions will inspire someone to become the Joker that we all know and love.

I am honestly torn because though I like the twist, I also fear that this could be a risky move both for the future of this season and we will surely miss the presence of Jerome but also I fear for the character of the Joker itself. In a recent interview the actor playing Jerome talked about his preparation for this role and he said that he stayed in character for days so I fear that the actor who will play the definitive Joker will not be as good as he was and to me this could be a huge problem for the future of the series.

In any case we have to applaud the screenwriters for having the courage to kill off their best character yet.

Are you worried about the future of the series after this episode?

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment