Sunday, June 22, 2014

Maschera Gialla (Yellow Mask)

Hey guys,
in a week without any relevant hero news I've decided to talk to you about a comic book which I stumbled upon recently called Maschera Gialla (Yellow Mask). Last month on my way to London, I met a comic book artist who told me about this thing he was working on. He's a from Naples (Italy), very talented dude who on the flight to London made me in less than a minute a green arrow drawing on a small piece of paper.
 This drawing that he made really got me interested in checking out the work that he had been doing and that's why I started reading a couple of issues of this comic book. We usually think of comic books as something confined to the USA , we think of DC and we think of Marvel but I've really been impressed by how talented these guys are. The author of this comic book is Davide "DADO" Caporali and the guy that I met works closely with him. His name is Giovanni Fubi Guida a really talented young man. The comic book tells the story of a kid from Rome, he's a pizza delivery guy named Max, who happens to find a yellow Mask on his way home from work. This mask gives him strange powers which he cannot control, it is the mask which controls him and not the other way around and so he's the typical anti-hero. He's not your tipical hero he sometimes uses his powers for good but he also uses them to become famous and notorious.
The nice part about all of this is that the mask only gives him one power at a time and you never know which one he will get. Things can go crazy in the blink of an eye.


I've only started reading it so I cannot tell you more about it but as I've already said I really like the work these guys have done and if you too wanna check this comic book out then click right here:
Obviously the comic book is in Italian but I encourage those of you who do not speak Italian to check it out anyway because it's really cool!!! You can also check out their facebook page here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/mascheragialla?fref=ts

If you guys decide to check it out, leave a comment below and tell me what you thought about it.

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment