Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Flash 1x17 Tricksters review

Hey guys,

this show is exceeding every expectation I've ever had. It is difficult, in my opinion, to surprise fans when some of them are familiar with the source material, to get them excited and to have them fall in shock when they realize what has truly happened. Despite knowing the source material, this show is taking me back to school and it keeps on surprising me.
I completely loved this episode. Lots of positives like:
1. Mark Hamill is back as the trickster and his son has fallen into his footsteps. First of all it was nice to have Mark Hamill on the show and second of all it was nice the way they tied him into this new universe considering that he was the trickster in the old tv show.

2. Henry Allen now knows about Barry and met every member of Team Flash. I thought it was awesome to see Barry vibrate through a solid object in order to get rid of the bomb, however I found it odd that he chose to vibrate through a very long truck as opposed to something slimmer. The whole speech given by Eobard/Harrison to Barry to guide him through the discovery of yet another power was breathtaking. When he mentioned the speedforce I literally jumped out of my bed.

3.But without a doubt the best part of the show were the flashbacks where we saw the way Harrison Wells became Eobard Thawne. I loved the explanation that that person from the future gave to the Reverse Flash about him not being able to tap into the speedforce. I like that they keep on giving scientific explanation as to why things are happening.

One of the negatives remains the character of Iris West and her inconsistencies. I don't like her and I also did not understand why Barry had to reveal himself to Eddie in order to convince him to lie to Iris.

...and just when the episode ended the promo hit and that shocked me even more. We are in for an exciting show in 2 weeks.
-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment