Thursday, January 22, 2015

Arrow 3x10 Left Behind review

Hey guys,


what an awesome show we have in Arrow. A show that decides to kill off his title character in its mid season finale.
I have to admit that though loving all other characters it is not the same without Stephen Amell whose screen presence in fundamental for the show. I thought that the beginning of the episode with Diggle wearing the Arrow outfit was awesome. I like his character and it is nice to see him step up and replace Oliver.

I actually imagined that the episode would focus more on Oliver's demise but the show runners truly surprised me when they basically continued the storyline of the fight against crime in Starling. Oliver's presence was still palpable in the episode with many references to him but I felt that the way they handled the situation didn't truly show what it would mean if Oliver was truly dead.
I think that by watching the episode you could have told that Oliver would be coming back eventually, but I have to admit that I was shocked at the end of the episode when I saw Oliver alive after being brought back to life by Katana who is also live and well.

One of the negatives for me was Laurel suiting up as the Canary. I thought that everything was rushed with her and though she was motivated to step up after knowing about Olivers' passing I still think that her first scene did not have the impact that it deserved.

In this episode we also saw Ray working on his ATOM armor and it is fantastic to see him evolve into the superhero he's destined to become. Brandon Routh has great screen presence and it was recently announced that he'll be popping up in Central City in a future episode of The Flash.

Next week we'll get a brand new episode and here's a sneak peek

No comments:

Post a Comment