Thursday, January 22, 2015

Supergirl officially cast for CBS tv show

Hey guys,

it has just been announced who CBS has chosen to star as Kara in their upcoming TV show entitled Supergirl. After Grant Gustin cast for the Flash another Glee actress gets to play one of DC most iconic superheroes and her name is Melissa Benoist.
My first thought about her casting was: a brunette playing a blonde superhero? Supergirl's blond hair are a signature trait of Superman's cousin, so I am sure Melissa will be wearing a blonde wig.
I don't know much about Melissa's work so I don't really know if I like her or not but I can say that she might look the part with blonde hair.

To me the next info we'll get on the project will be crucial
1. The costume: the costume of Supergirl in the movie was the same as Christopher Reeve Superman movie but I think they'll go for a brand new design in order to distance themselves from The Man of Steel Superman. The costume will be a huge part of the appeal that the show will have on fans.

2. The universe that Supergirl is in: Whether she is in the same in Universe of The Flash and Arrow or another we do want Supergirl to meet her famous cousin

3. Teaser Trailer. We can speculate all we want but only after seeing the first trailer for this show we'll be able to have an idea of what the show will be about.

To be honest with you, I am very skeptical about this show. I honestly don't see how this show could crossover with the Flash and Arrow and make sense and also I think that it will be tricky to do Supergirl whether or not they decide to include Superman in the picture. To me whichever route they go for it will give them lots of problems so I hope they'll find a way to make everything work perfectly.

Who knows maybe the show will do well and they'll even bring Laura Vandervoort on the show for a small cameo

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment