Sunday, September 6, 2015

Avengers Age of Ultron Spoiler filled review


Hey guys,
sorry for the late post but I wanted to watch Avengers Age of Ultron a couple more times before posting my review.
Now before we begin, I just wanna say that in the past I've been very critical of most Marvel movies, especially Guardians of the Galaxy for its over the top humor which in many cases took me out of the movie but I was still highly anticipating this movie and I went opening night to see it.
The reason why I waited to post my review is because the first time around I saw the movie I walked out highly disappointed with it. To me all trailers were very misleading, they promised me a dark Avengers movie where the stakes were extremely high but the movie didn't deliver that, it delivered the exact opposite, it caused laughter amongst the audience throughout the movie even the final battle which should have been crucial to the survival of planet Earth.
However, after watching the movie a couple more times and in a less crowded theater I realized that what was bothering me the most were not particular scenes of the movie but rather the emotional reaction they caused on the audience. So after this small digression let's start the review.
 The movie opens with the avengers hunting down Hydra and Loki sceptre and I have to say it is awesome to see them fight together with Captain America calling the shots and Iron Man doing most of the heavy work. The one shot when we see them all together is awesome and in the opening scene I honestly enjoyed the humor with all Avengers teasing Captain America for having said: " Language". The humor in this opening scenes shows us another side of the Avengers, a cocky side, a side of a team that knows that nothing can stop them and I liked that.
After the battle to retrieve the sceptre and after the many unsuccessful attempts to create Ultron, I loved seeing the avengers in the same room, relaxing and trying and failing to lift Thor's hammer, however fastfortward that one hour this scene served as a set up for when Vision was going to pick it up and I thought that this epic moment should and could have been handeled better. Since Thor was first introduced in his own solo movie in 2011 many people have tried to lift his hammer so I believe that when someone finally managed to do it the audience should not be laughing at Thor's silly face but should rather feel shocked by what they have just witnessed.
I am also fine with how Ultron was created and how fastly he became a threat for the Avengers, I feel that one more scene could have helped us understand more his motivation but I honestly don't mind how fast he knew how to disappear and who to target first to destroy human kind, although it is still unclear to me how. As for the twins, I extremely enjoyed both of them, I perfectly understood their backstory and hence their motivation and most importantly I liked them in action. However I thought that Quicksilver dying was a perfect example of lazy writing because it is easy to kill off the new guy who's been on the team for a few hours but it takes courage to kill off an important character just to raise the stakes and make the audience feel the threat that is at hand.
In spite of their horribly faked Russian accents the twins were great especially Scarlet Witch who looked like she was just beginning to show us her true power. She's truly the best part of Avengers Age Of Ultron and she stole every scene she was in. I love the last shot of her flying (sort of like Magneto does.... well you know what they say like father....) and officially joining the Avengers.
One of the best action scenes of the movie was Iron Man taking on the Hulk and showing us for the first time the Hulkbuster armor. That truly was one awesome action scene though I would have preferred if it had ended differently (not with a winner).
So overall this is a really good movie. I just have to say that it's too bad that the Avengers in most cases don't take themselves seriously and I think that it is a wasted opportunity. Avengers Age of Ultron unfortunately will be remembered for the one liner and the cheesy dialogue in very tense situations that only took the adult audience out of the movie.
The movie has some awesome moments and some very lazy written moments which only make you think about that this franchise is more for kids than for grown ups.

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment