Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gotham 2x1 Damned If You Do episode review



Hey guys,

This brand new episode of Gotham marks the beginning of the TV show season and I have to admit that it has been a pretty good start. Season 1 was pretty bad and boring with few exceptions but this time around it seems that the show runners have gotten rid of the characters that made the show feel boring. All characters in this episode were great and fun to watch. I'll definitely start watching this show regularly this year because it looks very promising.
There are many things that I liked about this episode:

1. Jerome as the new version of the Joker: Some might argue that the actor playing Jerome is just imitating Heath Ledger and that's completely fine by me. I love witnessing the origin of who can arguably be the greatest villain in comic book history and certainly the most beloved. Watching Jerome interact with Barbara is great, it's sort of like catching a glimpse into what a relationship between the Joker and Harley Quinn could look like in a live action show.

2. I love Penguin and Gordon relationship. I love Oswald slimy intentions of wanting ( and apparently succeeding) to turn Gordon to the dark side but also I like that Cobblepot sees him as a friend and he's willing to help him.





3. I also like Bruce Wayne and Alfred's roles in this show. They follow a side storyline which has got nothing to do with the main characters and I absolutely love the fact that they resisted the temptation of having Bruce try and fight crime before he became Batman. They created a nice storyline for young Bruce Wayne and I am really starting to enjoy it.

Overall the tone is much darker now with Victor Zsasz chopping off heads and Penguin ruling the city and I am really looking forward to the next episodes.

Let me know down below what are you most enjoying out of this show

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment