Monday, March 17, 2014

5 reasons why Michael Keaton's Batman duology was not so awesome

Hey guys,

Before I tell you why I didn't like Michael Keaton's Batman duology let me say that I didn't mind him as Bruce Wayne, in fact I quite enjoyed him as Gotham's billionaire however I don't think he was that great as Batman. But let's move on the the 5 reasons why this duology, in my opinion, was not so great.



1. No Origin story
We saw the origin story of The Joker, The Penguin and even the origin story of Catwoman perhaps the screenwriter forgot that this was a Batman movie and not a villain centered movie. Why didn't we get the strory of how Bruce Wayne became Batman? I think one of the major flaws of this duology is the lack of information on Bruce Wayne's childhood and what motiviated him to become Ghotam's Dark Knight.


2. The Joker
My biggest problem with the first movie but with both of them in general are villains. I didn't like Jack Nicolson as the Joker, I didn't like Danny de Vito as the Penguin and I didn't even like Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I think the actors were perfect for the roles but they didn't have a lot to work on. That whole chemical tank, btw, where the Joker fell into, I didn't really understand what It actually meant apart from causing him to surprisingly have only his mouth disfigured.


3. Poor Fighting Scene
I am not sure whether it was Keaton doing the stunts or if it was somebody else doing them but no matter who did them the result was very bad. Batman looked too rigid, in my opinion, almost as if the suit he was wearing wasn't as flexible as to allow him to move properly. Some scenes were beyond awful, for instance who came up with the idea of that awful and horrendous "Red Circus Gang" fight?

4. Music
By looking at Superman the movie we understand that a great movie needs a proper soundtrack. Was there a soundtrack in the movies? I mean apart from those violins tracks that let us knew when a situation was about to get dangerous?

5. No Gotham City
I never thought that Ghotam City was just an alley. Perhaps they didn't have enough money to afford fancy location so they ended up filming in one of the alleys of the Warner Bros Studios in LA. Gotham City is nowhere to be found in the movies.

I didn't enjoy the two movies however I think they had some redeemable qualities, such as props (I liked both the Batmobile and the Batplane) and outfits.
Overall I wouldn't recommend you watch these movies.

Follow us on Facebook --> The-Hero-Blogger

-theheroblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment